Coordinate and compile medical record documentation for physical rehabilitation company based in Chesterfield County.
Setting: Health Care Business Office
Schedule: M-F 8am to 5pm
Benefits: Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, PTO, etc.
Medical Appeals Coordinator to join our multi-site physical rehabilitation company, based in Midlothian, VA with +400 FTEs in over 50 sites throughout VA and MD. As the Appeals Coordinator within the Medical Records department you will be responsible for compiling medical record documentation and submitting them in a timely manner to Medicare contractors for review.
Additional duties include organizing, preparing, and scheduling denied cases for the appeals manager.
Must be able to complete work within strict timeframes, have strong time management skills, highly organized, and able to multi task.
- High School diploma
- At least 1 year exp experience working with Medicare and medical records
- Proven ability to function efficiently and productively in a fast-paced professional office environment
- Proven ability to maintain 100% compliance to confidentiality and to corporate policies
- Proficient use of MS Office programs (Excel, Word, and Adobe are required)
- Effective written and spoken communication abilities, including proven ability to handle difficult discussions
- Proven ability to work independently, follow exacting directions, and maintain excellent time management skills
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS \
- Experience with the recovery audit contractor (RAC) and/or other Medicare audit processes.
ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS NEED APPLY. Email resume and salary expectations, BEFORE 7/25/2015. Short listed candidates will be called for interview by 7/28/15. Hiring decision will be made on 7/31/15. Successful candidate will be expected to begin work within 30 days.